Getting published is a real be-yatch! Hear about my ups, downs and a few random rants in between.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

BISHOK

Aagghhh!!! Okay, life keeps getting in the way of my great writing career.

Every week, I say - Paula, you're going to write every day. Then I say, Paula, you're going to write three days a week. Then I look up and an entire week has gone without me stroking a key!

Now, to my credit, I did write daily for three straight weeks. Then, that blasted Labor Day holiday came and coincidentally my birthday fell the same weekend AND my cheer squad had to prepare for Pep Rally, the football season's kick off. Do I have to bother to say, I got squat done last week?

So, by Sunday - after celebrating my birthday for 36 straight hours - I gave myself a serious talking too and took the BISHOK approach (butt in seat, hands on keyboard).

I only had 20 pages or so to revise. Sunday morning I made a dent in them and finished them on Monday. So while everyone else was labor daying, I was home toiling at the PC, longing to be out in the mild, crisp, quickly turning autumn day.

I'm happy to report that I'm finished the first set of revs and am just going through the mss looking for POV issues.

:::sigh::: But I'm sooooo tired of looking at this manuscript that I could scream.

I have two other book ideas bursting in my head that I'm dying to get to. But the tunnel leading to those ideas is so long. Outside of revising manuscript #1 I haven't touched manuscript #2 in months of Sundays.

Well, the important thing is to keep on truckin'. Right?

Ran across an interesting site and thought I'd start sharing the links. If you're really into the chick lit thing, check out Pink Prose.


Eyes heavy, must sleep!

Cheers (and) Chants,

Paula

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what is bishok? i wonder because my boyfriend name is bishok and i would like to know the defintion of it.

1:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home