Getting published is a real be-yatch! Hear about my ups, downs and a few random rants in between.

Monday, August 21, 2006

I Think I've Gotta Go

I can't believe I'm so bummed over this. But I think I'm going to have to fold this JORT into my new blog.

The original intent was to keep both. I figured I'd have more writerly posts here. But the truth is - there's no need for two. I can be writerly at JORT TOO just as easily.

I'm not going to close this blog down, right away. But I'm fairly certain life will be easier with one spot to wax philosophical on my writing journey or the latest ish going down in the world of pop culture.

It's weird that I feel so melancholy. I mean, it's an online journal, get over it!

Yet, even though it's a very public diary, it's a diary all the same. And you'd never just toss your diary into a trash can or recycle bin. You'd store it away, some place you can run across it now and then to reminisce over the entries. It gives you a chance to reflect on where you've been and far you've come.

It's no different with this blog.

I started it in late 2004 and never bothered to post anything. Then last year, I began posting regularly around the time I attended the SCBWI Mid-Winter.

Now, anytime I need/want to write creatively, without getting deep into it - like I have to when I'm writing a book - the blog is the first place I run.

Even though I'll still be channeling the same energy into JORT TOO, it feels weird to abandon this one.

::sigh::

Is it a sign that you're getting old when you get weepy over everything?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

Definitely a sign of getting older that you get weepy over stuff. I'll go visit the new spot.

2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home