Getting published is a real be-yatch! Hear about my ups, downs and a few random rants in between.

Friday, March 24, 2006

The ABC Game

So it's Friday and I'm off from work because it's Maryland Day. I shit you not, Maryland Day!

Here's what's fun about being off for Maryland Day:
* The schools are open. YAY!!!
* I'm off from work. A-YAY-YAYEE!
* Did I mention that schools are open while I'm off from work?

The great irony of Maryland Day? The state government isn't off, but the city government is. WTF?

Well, in honor of the great pseudo-southern state of Merry-land, I thought I'd shed some light onto this old Maryland gal by playing the ABC Game. Shout-out to Supa Sister for the concept.

Now, if I tag you, ya gotta play. So, game on!

THE A,B,C's OF MISS P.....

Accent – Fast-talking patois with a suburban lilt. Yeah, I don't know what that means either! People from Maryland don't have accents, just people from other states.

Bra size - Who makes up this ish?

Chore I hate - Any type of cleaning - dishes, vacuuming, mopping. P's advice: work hard and pay someone else to do it.

Dad's name - JTC

Essential make-up - Lip gloss of the Cover Girl variety

Favorite perfume - Origins Ginger Essence, but I've been spritzing that Baby Phat lately and love it

Gold or Silver? - Gold never goes out of style but I'm hinting around for a Platinum anniversary ring

Hometown - Naptown and I ain't talking about Indy

Insomnia - Yes. Well, I am a writer! Night-owling is our thing.

Job Title - Superwoman, you ain't know?

Kids - Two, Princess A and Princess Bea - keeping me young for another 18

Living Arrangement - Me, the King and the Princesses

Mom's Birthplace - Baldimore (say the locals)

Number of Sexual Partners - NEXT!

Overnight Hospital Stays - Birthing the Princesses, otherwise girl is healthy as an Ox...I think.

Phobia(s) - drowning and Criders (those nasty bugs that have legs like a spider but hop like a Cricket)

Quote - Fabulosity is knowing that you are fabulous and that you deserve to be here. That everything you are doing is what you are supposed to be doing at that moment. (Kimora Lee Simmons)

Religion - Spiritual (but raised Methodist by Big Momma)

Siblings - Nada, zero, zilch. Lonely only, baby.

Two I'm tagging – Meg and Bitter (BV, it's all on the anon tip)

Unnatural hair colors I've worn - Hair color? What hair color? Au naturale since September 2nd, 19dickety

Vegetable I refuse to eat - That would be pretty much anything except broccoli, cabbage, corn and collards

Worst habit – I have bad habits? Huh, no ones ever pointed them out.

X-rays I've had - Dental

Yummy foods I make - Mac and cheese, lasagna...I can burn!

Zodiac sign - Virgo. I have a shirt that says "Virgo: Shy but sly, Picky & Tricky. Always so Perfect everyone secretly hates you." It's a joke, people. Sort of!

Now, can someone please tell me how to make the font size larger on blogger?! I see no other codes or short cuts other than Ital and Bold. Help!

7 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Mae said...

What the heck? I grew up in MD and I never heard of Maryland day. Just another way my employer was holding me down in the big M. We didn't get off for blue crab day either! Oh well... Happy Maryland Day!

11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you telling me i'm at work and i should be off today?!? shit. can i use it for monday?

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Paula said...

What, you didn't get Blue Crab Day either?! Girl, they jipped you. LOL

I swear, I don't know any other entity off for it except the City of Annapolis. But I'm not mad.

-P
Sipping on her Blue Crab Cosmo in honor of good ol' MD

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Supa said...

Heeeyy!!! Finally stoppin' by your spot. Maryland day?! (wtf) Sounds good to me!!! :)

Love your A,B,C's!!

Peace girl!

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Paula said...

Thanks for stopping in Supa Sis! I'm thinking of starting a petition to get Cesar Chavez day on the Maryland holiday docket. Can't let yah West Coast chicks have all the fun.

:-)

10:54 PM

 
Blogger wimpymom said...

Here's a question... I lived in Silver Spring for a year-does that mean I should get that day off too? (I now live in a different country but once a Maryland-ite, always a Maryland-ite, right?)

I also have to give the biggups(do they still say that?) to my Virgoan sister. That must be why we're so fabulous:)

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Paula said...

Okay, I checked the MD Hall of Records and indeed - once a Blue Crab Stater, always one. So next year, mark the cal girl!

Uh-oh, fellow Virgo. That spells trouble anyway you place the letters. LOL

10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home