Getting published is a real be-yatch! Hear about my ups, downs and a few random rants in between.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Stupid is as Stupid does

In a stupid move rivaled only by crossing a busy intersection blindfolded, the DC Council voted, months ago, to move their traditional Martin Luther King, Jr. Day parade from its spot on the actual King holiday (Jan. 16th) to April 8th. Their reasoning, the weather.

According to the event's organizers, it's too cold in January and the possibility of snow may prevent crowds from attending.

Guess what?

It was cold (literally only one degree warmer than it was this past January 16) and rainy on April 7th(ummm...it was dry as a bone on the King holiday). And...you guessed it, the crowd was sparse.

Here's my question - how many city council people does it take to make dumb-ass decisions?

No one in the original meeting said, "Hey, wait a minute. The King holiday was created to celebrate Dr. King's life. We should keep our parade to the day the rest of the NATION celebrates."

Celebrates his life, huh? Novel idea.

I guess that why it's held on, say...his birthday and not the anniversary of his death!!!

I won't even go there about who the originator of this idea was. AhhhchooooMarionBarry.

Barry lovers please don't email me defending him. Like I said, I won't even bother to waste my breath.

I don't have to since hardly anyone showed for the parade, that was moved to April to avoid bad weather, because of bad weather....'cause, well, that speaks volumes!

The only smart thing they did was not hold the parade on their original proposed date, April Fools Day.

I swear to you, I'm not making this ish up!

Oh, and what does Hiz Honor former Mayor McCrackalack say when asked should the parade have been kept at the original date. "Better rain than snow."

God bless the District of Columbia!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering why the h*ll I saw a sign at FedEx Field directing people to park for "MLK Day" (last weekend). I knew something was off about that. By the way, the parking lot did look kind of empty...

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Paula said...

I love DC and all...but their politics leave much to be desired.

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home